The Title in any goods or services does not pass to the customer until all monies are received in full and all cheques cleared. Nothing contained herein is designed to nor will it affect a customer’s statutory rights. Vehicle Sales: Please refer to your order form and our standard trading conditions. Service Sales: Please refer to conditions below. Parts Sales: Subject as detailed below all goods correctly supplied which are of satisfactory quality will not be accepted for credit unless returned within 14 days of issue quoting the invoice number overleaf. In such cases and where the parties contracted in person, the dealer has the right to refuse to accept any returns for credit or refund except where clause 16 below applies, all parts returned will be subject to a handling charge. Bespoke goods (i.e. unique to the customer or the vehicle) cannot be returned for credit or refund.
1. In these conditions "the Dealer" shall mean the Company (authorised by the Importer of Volkswagen and Audi vehicles, VOLKSWAGEN Group United Kingdom Limited to be an authorised Volkswagen & Audi dealer) by whom this form is used "the Customer" shall mean the person or body by or on whose behalf this form is signed on the reverse side hereof and "the Manufacturer" shall mean Volkswagen AG Wolfsburg Germany and subsidiaries thereof or its successors.
2. Where the Dealer contracts to carry out any Volkswagen Standard Inspection Service or Diagnostic Operation by name the Dealer’s liability shall be limited to the performance of such work as may be prescribed from time to time by the manufacturer or the Importer for the United Kingdom as coming within the scope of such operation.
3. All contracts with the Dealer shall be valid and binding only if made in writing upon the Dealer's Workshop Instructions Form and shall be subject to these conditions of business and no other. A contract shall exist when and only when the Dealer's Workshop Instructions Form has been signed by or on behalf of the Customer. No variation of any contract shall be valid unless agreed in writing and signed by or on behalf of the Customer and the Dealer.
4. The Dealer and its servants and agents are expressly authorised by the Customer to use the vehicle or vehicles referred to overleaf on the highway and elsewhere for all purposes in connection with the Inspection Service and Repair thereof.
5. All monies due to the Dealer in respect of Inspection Service or Repair operations carried out on the vehicle or vehicles referred to overleaf shall become payable when such operations are completed and the customer has been notified either overleaf or otherwise that the vehicle or vehicles are ready for collection. Unless otherwise agreed all payments to the Dealer shall be made before the vehicle or vehicles are released to the Customer.
6. The Customer acknowledges the Dealer to have a legal lien upon any vehicle or vehicles left with the Dealer for Service Inspection or Repair and upon the fittings or contents thereof for all monies due to the Dealer from the customer on any account.
7. Subject to the provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and any amendment thereof vehicles and the components fittings and contents of vehicle are left with the Dealer entirely at the Customer's risk. The Dealer shall in no circumstances be liable for loss or damage thereto or for delay in completing service or repairs howsoever occasioned and whether by reason of any act or default of the Dealer its servants agents or otherwise.
8. If, after the date of any contract made subject to these conditions of business but before payment is made by the Customer the recommended list prices of the Manufacturer or its United Kingdom importer for any work carried out or parts supplied shall rise, then the contract price shall rise accordingly notwithstanding the terms of any estimate or quotation the Dealer may have given.
9. Except in so far as liability may be placed upon the Dealer by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or in respect of a vehicle subject to the Manufacturer's Warranty or a replacement component fitted to a vehicle in the course of service or repair and similarly subject or by law no conditions or warranties are given or implied as to the quality of goods or services supplied by the Dealer or their fitness for any particular purpose whether such purpose shall be known to the Dealer or not. The Dealer will however without prejudice to its rights here under correct all faults in Inspection Service or Repairs operations carried out by the Dealer and occurring by reason of the Dealer's default or negligence and shown to be such to the Dealer's reasonable satisfaction.
10. All agreements made between the Dealer and the Customer, or as provided by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or similar enacted Legislation, Regulations and Directives, are personal to the Customer who shall not assign his rights or liabilities under an agreement made subject to these conditions.
11. If in the Dealer's reasonable opinion the operations ordered to be carried out by the Customer cannot be carried out without the vehicle or any part there of being washed or otherwise cleaned the cost of such washing or cleaning shall be chargeable to the Customer as if the same had been specifically ordered by him.
12. If the Customer shall become bankrupt or insolvent or make any arrangement with creditors or suffer a receiver of his effects to be appointed or being a body corporate enters into liquidation other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction the Dealer shall have the right to terminate any agreement with the Customer subject to these conditions and shall thenceforth cease to have any further obligation under the contract and the price for all work done and goods and services rendered by the Dealer shall immediately become payable.
13. If by reason of the Customer's instructions or lack of such instructions any vehicle or vehicles left with the Dealer for any Inspection Service or Repair operation are not collected by the Customer from the Dealer within 7 days of the Dealer's having notified the Customer either overleaf or otherwise that such operations have been completed the Dealer shall be at liberty to charge the Customer a reasonable daily sum for the storage of such vehicle or vehicles.
14. Subject to 15, the Dealer warrants that all genuine Volkswagen parts will be free of defects in material or workmanship for 24 months from sale by the Dealer. In respect of any other parts fitted or other Goods, the Dealer assigns to the Customer the benefits of the applicable manufacturer's warranty. The Dealer warrants its work free of defects in workmanship for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs sooner, from the date of completion of the work.
15. No warranty will apply if and to the extent that a defect is caused or worsened by one or more of the following, namely (a) a failure to inform the Dealer of the defect or to have it examined by the Dealer and a failure to give the Dealer the opportunity to remedy it; (b) if the Goods have been subjected to misuse, negligence or accident or used in a vehicle for racing, rallying or similar sports; (c) the installation of a part into Goods, the use of which has not been approved by Volkswagen AG or the alteration of Goods in a manner not approved by Volkswagen AG; (d) non-adherence to instructions concerning the treatment, maintenance and care of the Goods or a failure to have the relevant vehicle serviced in accordance with Volkswagen AG recommendations; or (e) the repair or maintenance of the Goods by a person other than a Dealer or a person authorised by Volkswagen UK Limited.
16. 'If this agreement has been concluded without any face to face contact between the Dealer and the Customer or anyone acting on their respective behalves, the Customer may give notice in writing cancelling this Agreement within 14 days of taking delivery of the goods or contracting for the service (always providing that such service has not been discharged by the Dealer), whereupon, in the case of goods, the Customer must either return them to the Dealer or make them available for the Dealer to collect at the Customer's expense. The Customer must take reasonable care of the goods and will be responsible for any loss or damage from when they are delivered to the Customer until they are returned to the Dealer.'
17. The Dealer reserves the right to refuse to carry out any repairs, servicing or other works on any vehicle which, in their sole opinion, they consider to be unroadworthy or unsafe. Furthermore, the Dealer may refuse to carry out any works which may, in their sole opinion, render a vehicle unsafe or which may have a detrimental effect on other parts of the vehicle. Where the Dealer is undertaking works for the Customer and identifies, in its sole opinion, a need for further essential safety related repair, the Customer will be advised accordingly. Should the Customer decline to authorise such further repair, then the Customer will be required to sign the requisite documentation. Should the Customer refuse to sign such said requisite documentation, then the Customer will be obliged to arrange transportation of the vehicle from the Dealer's premises; in the alternative, the Dealer may arrange for the vehicle to be transported to the Customer's home address at the Customer's cost.'
At Vindis we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who contact us, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
1. Who we are?
Vindis is a family owned business and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are the data controller (contact details below). This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
2. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in, or likely to come into, the data controller’s possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Contact Details – E-mail and telephone
- Vehicle details
- Voice recordings of telephone calls
- ‘Live Chat’ records
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directory).
When purchasing a new car, we are also required to collect your date of birth, a requirement of the DVLA.
If you opt to use our funding facilities we will also collect additional information on behalf of the Finance Company. This information is sent electronically by us and is not retained once the application is submitted.
3. How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The uses of your data detailed along with the basis for each one.
Legal basis for processing
|What we use your personal information for
||Processing is necessary for us to fulfil either a verbal or written contract for the supply of goods or services.
||We will only use your data for this purpose with your explicit consent.
||Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
||Processing is necessary for us to carry out our duty of care and to ensure all customers receive a level of service in line with your, our and the manufactu|
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with the following companies in order to
carry out our duty of care and, in any event, only if it’s part of the service we are providing for you. We do not provide your data to any other company or sell it to Third Parties.
- The manufacturer.
- The manufacturer’s warranty provider.
- The manufacturer’s Customer Experience Survey provider.
- The manufacturer’s marketing agency.
- Companies we have a joint venture or agreement to co-operate with.
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.
- Our providers of business solutions software such as Customer Relationship Management and Dealer Management Software.
- Our marketing partners for text and print fulfilment services.
- Vindis Group Ltd who provide Sales and Service contact services for us as well as keeping you informed on the latest news, events, launches and charity work across the group.
We will only share your data with other third-party companies if:
- They are compliant with the GDPR.
- They do not use your data for any purpose other than that for which it was provided.
- You have given your explicit consent.
- Or, should the Vindis Group acquire or dispose of businesses in the future, we may also share your personal information. If a change to our Group happens, then other parties may use your data in the same way as set out in this notice.
In addition, there may be legal requirement to release information such as for the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences amongst others.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep data for as long as there is a legal requirement, needed, consented or for the purpose it was given.
- An enquiry from a new customer that hasn’t opted in and not purchased from us - 12 months after the last contact date.
- An enquiry from a new customer that has opted in but not purchased from us - 18 months from the opt in date.
- Existing customers, and customers that purchase a product or service from us, 7yrs from the date of the last purchase from us (Sales or Aftersales). This also meets other requirements for retaining contracts and our duty of care.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and, where applicable, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability). [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable). [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics].
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Further processing
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights and/or queries, or to make a complaint, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. To report a concern visit:
https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or you can call their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
By using our websites (on desktop, tablet or mobile device) you agree that this Cookies Policy applies to that use in addition to any other terms and conditions which may apply.
Vindis Group reserves the right to make changes to our Cookies Policy. Any changes will appear here and become effective immediately. Any continued use of our website is taken that a user agrees to such changes.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to the device you use when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your preferences, and generally improving your online experience.
There are different types of cookies and those ones on the Vindis Group website are listed and described below:
First party cookies
These are set by the Vindis Group website. Only the Vindis Group website can read them. In addition, we do have an external company that we use to analyse our website, the analytical data to help us to improve the website structure, navigation and contact. Each separate company will set their own cookie to do this.
Vindis Group stores a session record against an individual user via the following formats:
These are stored while you’re browsing. They get deleted from your device when you close your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
Third party cookies
These are set by someone other than the owner of the website you’re visiting. The Vindis Ducati website contains content from other sites, e.g. YouTube, which may set their own cookies. Also, if you share a link to a vindisducati.com page, the service you share it on (e.g. Facebook) may set a cookie on your browser.
The Vindis Group has no control over third party cookies. Where a cookie is a third party cookie, visit the providers’ website for more information.
A list of third party cookies used on the Vindis Ducati website arte listed below:
What is it used for?
|apis.google.com||Used in Google Analytics/Tag Manager to monitor user activity.|
|accounts.google.com||Used in Google Analytics/Tag Manager to monitor user activity.|
|platform.twitter.com||Is used and is required in the Social Hub section of the website for tweet button.|
|Required for the use of the Like/Share Facebook buttons in the Social Hub section of the website.|
|staticxx.facebook.com||Required for like/share button against social hub|
|judgeservice.com||Judge Service is an independent website that we use to review vehicle sales and the results of these populate a star rating and user generated content for our website, e.g. customer reviews. Judge Service stores cookies, one when loading the dealership page and another when clicking for the reviews model.|
|youtube.com||Any page on the Vindis Group website with a video on it from YouTube will have a third party cookie.|
Other tracking technologies
Also, some sites use things like web beacons, clear GIFs, page tags and web bugs to understand how people are using them and target advertising at people. They usually take the form of a small, transparent image, which is embedded in a web page or email. They work with cookies and capture data like your IP address, when you viewed the page or email, what device you were using and where you were.
How to restrict or block Cookies
You can block or restrict cookies set by any website, including Vindis Group and any subsidiary website, by using the browser settings on each browser you use, on each device you use to access the Internet.
Please be aware that some services may not function if your browser does not accept cookies. However, you can allow cookies from specific websites by making them “trusted websites” in your Internet browser.
For independent advice on Cookies please visit the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/